My hunt for good food at new places is always on. Then there are places which are so familiar and comfortable that I just I just get up and head out there. So, on this lazy Sunday I ended up at Tuck Shop, a cute little place in Koramangala with menu which will satisfies my breakfast craving like no other. Interesting graffiti and paintings make this place even warmer.
The Tuck Shop
I took my sister there for a brunch and how she loved it. They have recently refreshed their menu and I had to try it!
The New Menu!
I tried the Waffle with bacon layered with cheese and more and it was ammmmaaaziinggg!!!! So heavenly, loved it.
Tikka Takka eggs
This place is known for its burgers and all day breakfast menus. The chef definitely deserves applause for the new additions to the menu. I am glad I have even more reason to visit the place again 🙂
Here, is the link to their page. Check it out!
Once in a while there are mornings when you want to eat something nice but you don’t really want to spend much time in the kitchen either. On those days Pancakes come to my rescue. I personally like making ’em from the scratch, its easy and fun!
What you need –
- Flour (Maida) – 1.5 cup
- Milk – 1 and 1/2 cup
- Baking Powder – 3 and 1/2 Tsp
- Sugar – 3 Tbsp
- Egg – 1
- Butter – 3 Tbsp
- Salt – a pinch
- Vanilla Essence – 1 Tbsp
How Do You Do It –
- Take Flour in a bowl, add baking powder, sugar, salt and keep aside.
- Put milk and butter in a pan and heat the milk warm enough to melt the butter. Do not boil it, just heat a little.
- After the milk is cooled down and the butter is ‘in-sync’ with the milk add the egg and mix it well. Also add 1 Tbsp of Vanilla essence.
- Now slowly add the milk batter to flour, beat it well and make it as smooth as you can. The chunks are hard to get rid of, but it’s important for a perfect blend.
- Heat a little butter in a flat pan and slowly pour the batter, make sure you start from the center as it will take the shape as you pour.
- Flip to the other side only when see bubbles forming on the surface.
- Put some butter on the other side and let it cook.
Your perfect breakfast is ready! Or you can have it for brunch like I do! 😀
Goes really well with Honey, Chocolate syrup or my all-time favorite, the Maple syrup.
Keep cooking. Cheers!