Here is the second part from my take on variations to try with your favourite Scotch. On The Rocks! was my first post of the same. The part when we talk about the twist. Yes! I love having my Scotch whiskey on the rocks but I don’t mind experimenting I have a good recipe to jazz up and enjoy the rich Black Dog Scotch Whiskey.
I am not talking water or ice here, I am talking about cocktails. The most beautiful cocktails made with the brilliant Scotch Whisky, Black Dog. I’ll share few of my favourites.
Scotch Manhattan Cocktail
A simple Manhattan cocktail made with scotch whiskey and is my first love when it comes to cocktails. If you are into scotch and you haven’t tried this yet, then you have been missing something great.
What you need-
- 60 ml (2 oz) Black Dog Scotch Whiskey
- 15 ml (1/2 oz) Sweet Vermouth
- 1 dash (4 drops) Angostura bitters
- 1 Orange Peel
- 1 Olive
- Pour scotch whiskey, sweet vermouth and Angostura bitters in ice-filled cocktail shaker and shake well.
- Strain and pour mixed drink into chilled martini glass.
- Twist orange peel over martini to release its essence. Garnish with olive and serve
This one is not a classic. This recipe uses the sweet ingredients and garnish but the prepared drink is not overly sweet.
What you need-
- 2 oz (60 ml) Black Dog Scotch Whiskey
- 1 oz (30 ml) Sweet Vermouth
- 1 dash (4 drops) Angostura Bitters
- 1 Maraschino Cherry
- Ice Cubes
- Stir scotch and sweet vermouth with ice and a dash of angostura bitters.
- Strain and pour into chilled serving glass.
- Drop a maraschino cherry in the drink as a garnish.
Try out these and share the ones you like. Happy drinking! 🙂
Disclaimer – The content is meant only for people above the age of 25. All views and mentions here are personal.