Once in a while there are mornings when you want to eat something nice but you don’t really want to spend much time in the kitchen either. On those days Pancakes come to my rescue. I personally like making ’em from the scratch, its easy and fun!
What you need –
- Flour (Maida) – 1.5 cup
- Milk – 1 and 1/2 cup
- Baking Powder – 3 and 1/2 Tsp
- Sugar – 3 Tbsp
- Egg – 1
- Butter – 3 Tbsp
- Salt – a pinch
- Vanilla Essence – 1 Tbsp
How Do You Do It –
- Take Flour in a bowl, add baking powder, sugar, salt and keep aside.
- Put milk and butter in a pan and heat the milk warm enough to melt the butter. Do not boil it, just heat a little.
- After the milk is cooled down and the butter is ‘in-sync’ with the milk add the egg and mix it well. Also add 1 Tbsp of Vanilla essence.
- Now slowly add the milk batter to flour, beat it well and make it as smooth as you can. The chunks are hard to get rid of, but it’s important for a perfect blend.
- Heat a little butter in a flat pan and slowly pour the batter, make sure you start from the center as it will take the shape as you pour.
- Flip to the other side only when see bubbles forming on the surface.
- Put some butter on the other side and let it cook.
Your perfect breakfast is ready! Or you can have it for brunch like I do! 😀
Goes really well with Honey, Chocolate syrup or my all-time favorite, the Maple syrup.
Keep cooking. Cheers!